While getting a power tool such as a chainsaw, you need to make sure that it is sturdy. If you look at the market, you’ll see that almost everyone suggests you get a chainsaw from STIHL. They’ve been in the chainsaw business for decades, after all. It’s no surprise that they offer some of the best chainsaws you can get.
But if your question is about the best STIHL chainsaw ever made, people might say that there are none, they all are the best. For obvious reasons, that can never be the case. So, for your ease, we have cataloged the best STIHL chainsaws based on a few factors.
- 1 Compare The Top 3 Best STIHL Chainsaw
- 2 3 Best STIHL Chainsaws Ever Made
- 3 1. STIHL Wood Boss MS 251 18 in. 2.78 cc Gas Chainsaw (Best for Firewood)
- 4 2. STIHL MSA 140 C-BQ (Best for Homeowners)
- 5 3. STIHL MS 180 C-BE 16 in. 31.8 cc Gas Chainsaw (Best for the Money)
- 6 Why Buy STIHL?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 7.1 What does MS stand for on a STIHL chainsaw?
- 7.2 What is the most aggressive chainsaw chain?
- 7.3 Why does my chainsaw chain dull so quickly?
- 7.4 Why does a chainsaw cut in a curve?
- 7.5 What is the most reliable chainsaw?
- 7.6 What does the C mean on STIHL chainsaws?
- 7.7 Is STIHL made in China?
- 7.8 What’s better- STIHL or Husqvarna?
- 8 Final Thoughts
Compare The Top 3 Best STIHL Chainsaw
- Durable and lightweight material
- Can be used for hours
- Engine to blade weight ratio is balanced
- No fumes despite being gas-powered
- With chain brake and protective sheath
- Translucent fuel tank
- Great teeth and motor speed for easy cutting
- Silent operation
3 Best STIHL Chainsaws Ever Made
Since the 1920s, STIHL is a brand that has produced innumerable chainsaws. Finding the best among those is a tough job. Take a look at the three chainsaws below. In our opinion, they are some of the best ones in the market!
1. STIHL Wood Boss MS 251 18 in. 2.78 cc Gas Chainsaw (Best for Firewood)
The first option is the best for firewood. It’s the STIHL Wood Boos MS 251, designed to deliver maximum power. Having a well-balanced weight ratio, the chainsaw can be operated even by a teenager. Not that we recommend you do that, though!
With a 3.0 bhp engine, this beastly machine can cut through any piece of wood as if it were butter. And the fuel efficiency technology helps you use the chainsaw for hours on end.
For ease of use, the powerhead weight is only 10.8 lbs. However, the power source, being gas, may make you hesitant to use it. After all, no one wants to contribute to global warming actively.
To ensure that you don’t feel guilty while using this chainsaw, they have used an exhaust filter. This allows the fumes produced to be fifty percent less harmful to the environment.
So, despite using this gas-powered chainsaw, you will have a negligible impact on the environment. With its eco-friendly and ergonomic design, no wonder this is at the top of our list!
- It’s affordable compared to other options with similar specs
- The build material is durable and lightweight
- It can be used for hours as long as you have a source of gas
- The engine to blade weight ratio is balanced, making it easy to use
- It uses gas as the power source, so it’s not entirely eco-friendly
- The gas-powered motor makes a lot of noise when operated
2. STIHL MSA 140 C-BQ (Best for Homeowners)
As a homeowner, having the perfect power tool is a must. You can never be over-prepared in this case. So, undoubtedly you will need the best chainsaw. With that in mind, we present to you the STIHL MSA 140 C-BQ. It’s light, durable, and can be used for a comparatively longer period.
The powerhead, being enforced by a battery, is perfect for home use. It has zero fume emission and is easy to use. The recommended battery for the chainsaw is the AK 30 batteries. They are perfect for any homeowner because of the compact design, as they can easily be stored in any corner of your house.
However, if you are looking for a chainsaw to do some heavy work, this may not be the right choice. The chains used on the saw are a bit soft compared to the industrial ones.
Despite that, you can use it for almost all other household needs. The runtime is about 45 minutes, which is perfect for any small project. This makes it a chainsaw that is best for homeowners.
- The teeth and motor speed are perfect for easy cutting
- It doesn’t require any fuel, as the power source is a battery
- While operating, the chainsaw is pretty silent
- It’s built with light and durable material
- Though the battery lasts a long time, it cannot be used uninterrupted
- The chain used on the saw is a bit weaker compared to the alternatives
3. STIHL MS 180 C-BE 16 in. 31.8 cc Gas Chainsaw (Best for the Money)
Chainsaws are a costly purchase. You can’t get a cheap one without compromising on performance. But you still want to have the best you can get, right? For that reason, we present to you the STIHL MS 180 C-BE. It is affordable and doesn’t compromise on the functionality that much either!
The powerhead is a 2.0 bhp engine, which is lower than usual. But, it is the most potent variant within the affordable price range. To run the engine, you need to power it with gas.
Despite this, there is almost no fume from it due to the superb filter that it uses. This ensures you can use it for long hours without much concern.
Unlike usual chainsaws, this one is equipped with a chain brake that ensures that the chain will automatically stop if anything soft comes in contact with it. This feature adds to the safety of the chainsaw.
Moreover, its durable and light design makes it easy to use. Without a doubt, this is the chainsaw that’s best for the money.
- It’s the most affordable among the ones we talked about
- Despite being a gas-powered chainsaw, there are no fumes
- For safety, there is a chain brake and a protective sheath
- The fuel tank is translucent, enabling you to know exactly when to refill
- The engine power, being only 2.0 bhp, is a bit low
- The chain is not as strong as the alternatives
Why Buy STIHL?
STIHL is a company that has been around since the 1920s. They are known for high-grade chainsaws. But what makes them the best? Well, there are a lot of factors that separate them from the alternatives.
For instance, the maintenance of a STIHL chainsaw is not that expensive. You don’t need to service it frequently.
On top of that, the form factor of these chainsaws is small. They don’t have the traditional bulky look, rather they have a sleek modern finish. This makes them easy to use and store.
They even have the most aggressive chainsaw chains available.
While providing all these benefits, STIHL also tries to keep the products affordable within a specific price range. Most STIHL products are cheaper compared to the other brands in the market.
If you are still looking for a reason to buy them, try using one. We guarantee that you will fall in love with STIHL chainsaws!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does MS stand for on a STIHL chainsaw?
What is the most aggressive chainsaw chain?
Why does my chainsaw chain dull so quickly?
Why does a chainsaw cut in a curve?
What is the most reliable chainsaw?
What does the C mean on STIHL chainsaws?
Is STIHL made in China?
What’s better- STIHL or Husqvarna?
Finding the right chainsaw can be a tough nut to crack. It’s crucial to get the best one if you want a bang for your bucks. Our options for the top STIHL chainsaw ever made are, without a doubt, enough to satisfy you.
No matter the chainsaw you pick, make sure to use them with caution. Always remember, safety comes first!